The Coach House, is hands down the best B&B in the Brecon Beacons, and I have to be honest, it has to be one of the best in Wales also, the place is 5 star without a doubt and everything is luxury, from the rooms, the cleanliness, the service, the breakfast is amazing, I have added all the pics from our stay below, I cannot praise The Coach House enough!
We stayed here whilst I was doing the Beat The Beacons (BEAT) 2023 – 22 Mile Endurance Route – Highest points in the Brecon Beacons, and fancied making a weekend of it in Brecon, which is just up the road from Talybont-On-Usk, where the challenge was based.
We arrived late Friday, and this is where the extra mile service started, as even late we were greeted with a smile, and everything was introduced and explained, and straight away we felt very comfortable, and then once we opened the door to our room, we were blown away and instantly felt at home, and in honesty, would be over the moon if my house was like this, it’s total luxury!
I was up early next morning for the challenge, but would have missed breakfast, so I was asked if I would like a bacon sarnie before I left, and so I went down next morning, and on the side was a bag with ‘Good luck!’ on it, and a nicely wrapped bacon and egg sarnie inside, which set me up nicely for the day, a very nice touch, and made everyone jealous when I ate it with my free cup of tea from the challenge organisers.
I could go on and on, but will add the information I have below and a load of images below that, so you can see for yourself. Thank you The Coach House, we’ll be back for sure!
What Rooms Are Available:
There are six rooms split over the first and second floors. Each bedroom has been individually designed, all with coordinated soft furnishings and relaxing colours to help you feel right at home. The linen is high quality cotton and our pillows are synthetic fibre (after feedback from the guests on allergies) but feather pillows are also available.
All rooms contain:
- Super – fast WiFi in your room & throughout the house.
- Flat screen T.V.
- NOW TV
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Extended tea selection – (Superior king rooms)
- Posh coffee machine and extensive tea selection (the suite)
- Fresh milk on request
- Hair dyer
- En-suite shower room
- Alarm clock
- Quality toiletries and a wealth of fresh towels
- Room phones
- All our Rates include Breakfast
- Robes and slippers (superior King rooms and the Suite)
- Iron and ironing board (Suite)
- Fridge – stocked with a selection of drinks and snacks for purchase (Suite)
As a recommendation, on the Sunday evening we went to ‘Gurkha Corner‘, a traditional Nepalese cuisine served in an unpretentious space lined with art & artifacts, really enjoyed the meal, and it is easily within walking distance of The Coach House.
Looking for a hike in the Bannau Brycheiniog (Brecon Beacons)?
Enjoy the wonder of the Brecon Beacons, always changing, forever beautiful.
I have a great number of walks on the site, and adding new ones monthly, all FREE and packed full of info.
Bannau Brycheiniog Map
- Checkin: generally, 4pm up to 8pm
- Checkout: 11am
- Currently we have a 2-night minimum stay requirement
- It is a maximum of 2 people per room
- We are not able to accommodate children under the age of 16
- Sorry we are also not able to accommodate any pets