The first time I arrived on a Saturday night very late and it was packed out, but the person working that night welcomed me in, checked me in and offered me the menu, I actually felt a bit bad that I did fancy a meal after 11 hours of walking, but it was no problem, and better still, they brought it up to me in my room with a beer!
Think they might have felt sorry for me, as I was in a right mess, it had rained all day, I was covered in mud also, so I was very very grateful for that. But saying that, you get all the extreme sports people in there, basejumpers to backpackers, so I think they are used to that.
“The Horner Pub, established in 1996, is Lauterbrunnen’s only pub! Enjoy a cozy, relaxed atmosphere – have a beer, grab some food, play a game of darts or relax on our terrace, with its stunning views of the illuminated Staubbach waterfall. We guarantee a warm welcome to all, basejumpers, locals and backpackers alike, and our friendly staff are here to help make your visit one to remember. “
I stayed in a room that had a bunkbed, but I had the room to myself, and as soon as I opened the door I instantly felt calm, and knew this was going to be perfect for me. The room was warm, very cosy and the bed and pillows where just what I needed. I also had a little desk so I could set up my things and eat my food also.
The Horner Pub have a great website with all the info you need, click here to see it.
I hiked this region in 2022 twice and absolutely loved it, I have put together a full 5 day walk through of my trip here, hopefully it will inspire you to do it.
What Rooms Are Available:
The Hotel Horner offers simple, swiss-style rooms from 35-50CHF per person – four of which have stunning views of the Staubbach waterfall! We offer single, twin, double and triple rooms, all of which are equipped with a sink, mirror and towels – and we keep a supply of essential toiletries, in case you’ve forgotten something.
Wifi is available throughout the pub and hotel, and we even have adaptors available, so you can stay connected. Our cheerful staff are here to help with maps, bookings, and anything else you may need during your stay.
Looking for a hike in the Jungfrau Region?
Experience the breath-taking Jungfrau Region with my 3 day circular, taking in Interlaken, Grindelwald & Lauterbrunnen.
It was so good, I visited this region twice in 1 year, the second time I took a group of friends with me.
- The pub is open 9.00-00.30 every day, 365 days a year.
- kitchen is open until midnight
- The Hotel Horner offers simple, swiss-style rooms from 35-50CHF per person – four of which have stunning views of the Staubbach waterfall! We offer single, twin, double and triple rooms, all of which are equipped with a sink, mirror and towels – and we keep a supply of essential toiletries, in case you’ve forgotten something.
- We provide free high speed wifi
- Nightclub open every Friday and Saturday 22.00-02.30 and on busy weekdays. Dancing, table football, pinball, darts – or choose your favourite tracks on the jukebox and dance the night away!